Noah

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

sad day

Pat's baby nephew passed away this morning. He was about 5 weeks old. He was 6 weeks premature and got to go home the other day with a heart monitor and sleep apnea machine. This morning Pat's brother and girlfriend woke up and realized that they had actually got some sleep (usually the monitor goes off b/c Gabe would stop breathing 5-10 times a night). They ran into check on him and he was blue. They called 911 and attempted CPR but it was too late. They have determined that the machines failed and didn't set off an alarm when he would stop breathing. As you can imagine, everyone is devasted. We are headed up there (Muskogee) tomorrow. Pat can't get off work today since he had already clocked in and they don't consider that immediate famliy. No news on when the funeral will be yet. Please keep our family in your prayers.
I can't even imagaine the grief. I haven't let Noah out of my sight today since I heard the news. I am sitting in his nursery right now watching him as he sleeps. I love my baby boy so much. I just want to hold him and never let him go.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Oh my goodness...that is so sad :(.
I cannot imagine losing Cole. It is a big worry especially with a young baby. My heart goes out to Pat's brother and girlfriend...

Mandy said...

I'm so sorry! That is so devastating! I will keep the family in my prayers.